Fedora is currently including part of 2.x java-gnome stack. The idea is to include 4.x stack and move 2.x to compat-. due to incompatibility between apis.
- Name: Juan Pablo Vello
- email: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 13
- Last Updated: 2009-11-25
- Percentage of completion: 0%
Java-gnome is a Gtk wrapper/implementation for Java Applications that allow to develop gtk applications using Java. To stay in sync with Upstream, we need to move to 4.x release.
Benefit to Fedora
Stay in sync with upstream with latest patches, features and add capabilities to Java-Gtk applications
Changes to do:
- Build 4.x version packages as java-gnome
- Move 2.x stack to compat-java-gnome
- List packages with currently depends on the current version of stack (2.x)
- Build packages against 4.x stack if it possible
- Packages that not fit with 4.x must be marked to depends on compat-
How To Test