Memory Debugging Tools
The gdb debugger has been extended with new commands that make it easier to track down and fix excessive memory usage within programs and libraries.
This functionality was created by Fedora contributor David Malcolm, and we believe it is unique to Fedora.
- Name: Dave Malcolm
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Targeted release: Fedora 21
- Last updated: 2010-07-07
- Percentage of completion: 10%
Initial version of code ready to upload; preparing upstream project for initial launch: https://fedorahosted.org/gdb-heap/
Benefit to Fedora
How To Test
There's a baseline of functionality that I'm developing on top of Fedora 13's gdb.
Some features require additional work in gdb, which I've filed RFE bugs for. Naturally this will require coordination with gdb to ensure that they land in Fedora 14:
- RHBZ #610241: RFE: please expose "info symbol ADDRESS" in the python API
- RHBZ #610249: RFE: notification about changes in the inferior process
None necessary, simply remove the package