Provides a set of tools for testing either the NFS client or the NFS server, most of the functionality is focused mainly on testing the client.
- Name: Steve Dickson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 27 November 2012
- Percentage of completion: 100%
NFStest provides a set of tools for testing either the NFS client or the NFS server, including the framework for developing more tests. These tools include the following:
- Process command line arguments
- Provide functionality for PASS/FAIL
- Provide test grouping functionality
- Provide multiple client support
- Logging mechanism
- Debug info control
- Mount/Unmount control
- Create files/directories
- Provide mechanism to start a packet trace
- Provide mechanism to simulate a network partition
- Support for pNFS testing
- Provide mechanism to automate packet trace inspection
Benefit to Fedora
The inclusion of nfstest benefits Fedora by providing customers with a tool to test NFS functionality and a development platform for creating new NFS tests. It is our hope this will increase adoption of NFSv4 and pNFS.
At this point, all of the development is done. The scope of change that will affect the over all distribution is very small. NFStest is a standalone package for testing NFS functionality.
How To Test
There is no special hardware or data needed to test NFStest.
Users may use NFStest to check the functionality of their NFS environment.