Feature Name: Performance Co-Pilot 4.0
A major new version of pcp (performance co-pilot).
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated: 2012-02-15
- Percentage of completion: 10%
PCP 4 may deliver a group of new features:
- Increased security (SSL transport, authenticated/authorized remote access)
- RRD format data interoperation
- Improved user interfaces (pmchart, possible web gui)
Benefit to Fedora
The increased security may enabling installing/activating the daemon by default.
Only the pcp packages would be modified.
How To Test
In the event some of the improvements don't make it to upstream PCP in time, the then-newest version would be pulled into Fedora.