The Radeon R600/R700 range of cards is running unaccelerated 2D in F10. This will add kernel support and 2D driver support for EXA and Xv acceleration.
- Name: Dave Airlie
- email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Targeted release: Fedora 11
- Last updated: (DATE)
- Percentage of completion: 10%
Benefit to Fedora
Video playback on r600 using Xv works and is accelerated.
Import kernel patches from drm-next for r600/rs600 support. Import DDX changes from -ati DDX.
How To Test
Own an r600 card. Play movies use X windows, file crashes, misrenderings.
Don't ship accelerated r600 EXA and Xv driver.
- Added support for R600/R700 2D and Xv
- Added support for RS600 2D/Xv/3D acceleration