Server that simplifies coredump analysis.
- Name: Michal Toman
- Email: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 15
- Last updated: 2010-10-04
- Percentage of completion: 10%
At the moment of backtrace creation, user needs to have all relevant debuginfos installed locally. Downloading and installing them may require a lot of time and storage space. The idea of Retrace Server is to liberate users from this: User sends the coredump packed along with some other required information (e.g. packages list) to the Retrace Server, the Retrace Server installs required debuginfos, creates backtrace and provides it to the user.
Benefit to Fedora
No need to download debuginfo packages while creating backtrace from various binary crashes.
The project itself consists of 3 parts:
- Interface: Receives the archive from user, unpacks all files, puts new task into the queue.
- Analyzer: Takes the task from queue, for each creates a virtual root with all required packages and debuginfos installed and creates the backtrace within.
- Repo Synchronizer: Downloads packages to a local repository containing all versions of all packages, to be able to handle crashes from older versions.
ABRT plugin that packs required files and sends the archive to the Retrace Server must be implemented.
Not required, feature won't be enabled.