Use Rhythmbox as the default CD ripper
This means replacing sound-juicer in the default installation, and making sure that Rhythmbox isn't missing important features from sound-juicer.
- Name: Bastien Nocera
- Targeted release: Releases/11
- Last updated: 5th September 2008
- Percentage of completion: 00%
Benefit to Fedora
Less code, more integrated solution.
Changes are restricted to Rhythmbox itself, and won't impact other parts of the system.
- Warn about non-Musicbrainz data
- Allow entry of album metadata
- Rip using album metadata
- Add a way to submit tracks to musicbrainz
- Add a way to re-read the index
- Allow duplicating the CD (has patch)
- Listing audio tracks is too slow (has patch)
- Looks to allow burning audio tracks
- Remember burnt discs
- Don't allow showing location for CDDA
- Slow error-full CD import
- Hide/don't play data tracks on CDs
- Better handling of import of CDs when library location is not set
- no way to cancel importing a CD
- Use GtkFileChooserButton to setup library location
People will like it!
sound-juicer is still shipped by default.