Spice support for virt-manager
Ability to create, configure and display Spice-enabled VM from virt-manager.
- Name: Marc-André Lureau
- Email: marcandre.lureau at gmail.com, marcandre.lureau at redhat.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 15
- Last updated: 20/12/2010
- Percentage of completion: 60%
virt-manager can currently manage QEMU VMs with VNC. It provides the ability to connect and display VNC (with various functionalities such as credentials, screenshot, send special keys, ssh tuneling, display scaling)
This feature is about supporting Spice at the same level, so that fedora users can benefits Spice goodness easily when creating VM (Features/Spice) and avoiding command lines.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will provide a better user experience to configure and use Spice.
- libvirt, and python-virtinst needs to support the qemu -spice options
- spice-gtk needs to be released with spice
- virt-manager needs to be updated to support spice-gtk
- virtio serial driver needs to be merged in qemu, and the rest of the packages updated, to benefit the agent functionalities (clipboard sharing etc..).
How To Test
- start virt-manager
- create a new QEMU virtual machine
- configure "Graphics" to be Spice
- start the VM
- switch to the VM console display, using the mouse/keyboard etc...
Painless experience to configure and use a Spice VM.