Add installer support for Trusted Boot (tboot).
- Name: Gang Wei
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 16
- Last updated: 2011-05-30
- Percentage of completion: 0%
This would include:
- UI to choose TXT/tboot support
- The underlying support to install the package and modify the bootloader cfg.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will be capable to do trusted launch with tboot support. It will meet the increase needs for platform security.
Required steps are:
- UI to choose TXT/tboot support during installation.
- Scripts to install the tboot package and modify the bootloader cfg.
How To Test
- It requires platforms supporting Intel TXT.
- If selected during system installation UI, make sure the tboot package is installed and the bootloader config is changed to boot tboot as kernel and linux as module.
User will find the tboot packge easier to install and use.
None necessary, revert to previous release behaviour.
- Trusted Boot (tboot) is an open source, pre- kernel/VMM module that uses Intel(R) Trusted Execution Technology (Intel(R) TXT) to perform a measured and verified launch of an OS kernel/VMM.