Features/Virt PCI Express Q35
m (Crobinso moved page Features/PCIExpressQ35 to Features/Virt PCI Express Q35: Prefix name with 'virt')
Revision as of 20:58, 14 January 2013
PCI Express BUS Support (Q35)
Emulate PCI Express, preferably by default. PCI Express is required for Advanced Error Reporting support.
Down the road it will enable features such as alternative requester id, multiple pci domains.
- Name: Cole Robinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name: Michael Tsirkin
- Email: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated:
- Percentage of completion: TBS
This is an infrastructure change. When working properly we get the same functionality as now by default.
When configured, Express Root port devices will be visible to guest.
Benefit to Fedora
- Express Root port devices will be visible to guest.
- Enhanced error reporting of assigned devices.
- Enables Native hotplug support.
- Apps (all optional but would be nice if they are done)
How To Test
WHQL + existing PCI tests should cover a lot of functionality.
pcisig.org has pci express specific tests that we can run in a windows guest.
Express Root port devices will be visible to guest.
Comments and Discussion