Features/Virt PCI Express Q35
Virt PCI Express Q35
Emulate PCI Express, preferably by default. PCI Express is required for Advanced Error Reporting support.
Down the road it will enable features such as alternative requester id, multiple pci domains.
- Name: Cole Robinson
- Email: email@example.com
- Name: Michael Tsirkin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: Jan 26 2013
- Percentage of completion: 30%
This is an infrastructure change. When working properly we get the same functionality as now by default.
When configured, Express Root port devices will be visible to guest.
XXX: More info here about why this is really interesting
Benefit to Fedora
- Express Root port devices will be visible to guest.
- Enhanced error reporting of assigned devices.
- Enables Native hotplug support.
XXX: explain these
- QEMU Q35 (available as of 1.3)
- AHCI Migration issues? https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-01/msg03103.html
- No need to specify custom acpi tables (queued for 1.4)
- Seabios support (DONE, in 1.7.2)
- Will not be the default for 1.4 though...
- Though sounds like there are still issues: http://www.seabios.org/pipermail/seabios/2013-January/005330.html
- Libvirt support (patches posted)
How To Test
Express Root port devices will be visible to guest.
XXX: expand this
Since this is brand new functionality, if it isn't ready in time, nothing has changed. We just drop this feature page.
- Libvirt patch posting
Comments and Discussion
- None yet