Yesod Web Framework
Yesod is a Haskell web framework for productive development of type-safe, RESTful, high performance web applications.
- Names: Jens Petersen, [[User:|Michel Salim]], [[User:|Narasim]], [[User:mathstuf|Ben Boeckel]
- Email: email@example.com,
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 2012-12-11
- Percentage of completion: 10%
This is a packaging effort: the Yesod stack of packages requires quite a lot of new Haskell libraries to be added to Fedora. Some basic packages have already been done for a long time but there are a lot left to be added.
Benefit to Fedora
Yesod is probably the most high profile Web framework for Haskell, and also described in a book. Since building it all by hand oneself can be non-trivial, tedious, and time confusing it is to Fedora's advantage that developers will be able to install it easily. Yesod is already included in Debian, Ubuntu and some other Linux distributions.
Yesod stack of libraries will be packaged following package versions in latest yesod-platform (currently 1.1.5): 1. Package yesod-core (? packages) 2. Package yesod (? packages) 3. Optionally package any extra pieces from yesod-platform.
How To Test
1. Install with: yum install yesod 2. Run: yesod init 3. In created directory run: yesod devel 4. Access to http://localhost:3000/
Users will be able to install Yesod packages directly without having to build it themselves, making it easier to learn, test and development web applications using Yesod.
None necessary - just ship completed subset of packages.
- Yesod Haskell web framework for productive development of type-safe, RESTful, high performance web applications is now available in Fedora.