Install nss_mdsn as default
Install the package nss_mdsn as default to provide a beeter support for small networks without setting up a DNS server.
- Name: [[User:s4504kr| Jochen Schmitt]
- Email: Jochen@herr-schmitt.de
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2011/09/16
- Percentage of completion: 0%
Add the package nss-mdns as default.This allows users to access to other network devices in small LANs without setting up a DNS server.
Benefit to Fedora
A user can setup a samll LAN without to setup a DNS.
The package avahi schould install as default, too.
Don't isntall nss-mdsn as default.
- Due installing of nns-mdns as default a user can access to network devices in a small LAN
without setup a DNS. to access the device you have to spacified the name of the device together with the domain .local.