English Typing Booster is a predictive input method for ibus platform. It predicts complete words based on partial input. One can then simply select word from suggestion list and improve typing speed with more accuracy.
- Email: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2012-01-20
- Percentage of completion: 100%
Our aim is to provide efficacious input method that will assist user while typing text.
Impetus typing method:
Within few keystrokes user gets the desire word within the list.
It saves user's typing and makes typing faster.
e.g For typing word "wordnet", it requires three 6 key strokes.With European typing it requires only three keystrokes.
No need to learn new method or technology.
User can add/delete new words into the user dictionary.
New words will get added automatically.
Since the suggestions come from a validated word dictionary database, the selected words always give 100% accurate spelling. Note: correctly the present generated database is from unreviewed web data, in the long term with community help, they can be reviewed and the correctness checked as per standard. Also infrequent words which may be mis-spellings can be filtered easily from the dictionaries.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will get one new input method for english language, it will enhance data creation process and end users can type with more accuracy and faster with this input method. English typing booster offers features such as, prediction of word (Auto-completion) ,suggestions of words if the user misspell it, suggestion based on statistical data.
Having such feature in Fedora which gives an exotic experience to user, will always benefit.
Step1: Initial version of ibus-european-table is done. New package request is under https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=761474
Package added ibus-european-table [Done]
Step2: Packaging English language database New package request is under https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=769173
Create dictionary tables from wikipedia dumps for English. More languages will follow later.
Step3: Initial testing with english language is done.
Step4: Fixing bugs and adding additional database for other European languages.
This is new package and do not affect any other existing package, its dependancies are ibus and ibus-european-table.
How To Test
A) Addition/installation of input method
1) From command line type "sudo yum install english-typing-booster ibus-european-table -y "
2) From command line type, im-chooser (Input method selector) and select ibus
3) Right click on desktop panel's ibus icon -> select preference -> click on input method
4) Choose English typing booster from English language menu
B) Testing the appication
1) Open any data creation application
2) Click on ibus icon and select English typing booster to start english-typing-booster
Have a nice usage experience !!
1) No need to learn any new things
2) Assist the users by predicting words
3) Easy while typing of lengthy words
4) Boost in typing process with accurate spellings.
- No other packages depend on this.
- Upstream is maintained by feature owner
As these are new input methods, no contingency plans necessary.
- See the project website
- English typing booster is a predictive text input method for English language. It enhances user typing experience.