Systemd Journal Default Syslog for Fedora
- Name: Jóhann B. Guðmundsson
- Email: johannbg AT gmail DOT com
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated:
- Percentage of completion: 50
Benefit to Fedora
- Disable rsyslog.
- Create a wiki page containing example usage of systemd-journalctl
How To Test
Trigger a logging event and test systemd-journalctl with various command line switches.
Depends on present on systemd v38+ being installed which is the case for Fedora 17 and onwards.
- It's recommended that documentation is updated to reflect usage of the native systemd journal commands and it's configuration file
There shouldn't be anything we need to specifically say other than highlighting the change and howto re-enable rsyslog.