FedoraEvents/CGCC Spring2013 Fedora InstallFest
Fedora Install Fest Chandler Gilbert Community College 2013
This Install Fest will be a great opportunity to introduce the use and knowledge of Fedora to all students in the campus. The event will be opened for students of CGCC, and we expect to see 20 to 30 people attending the event. In addition to installing Fedora on any desktops or laptops students bring in, we will also distribute Fedora CDs to encourage students to try it.
Below you can find more information about the event.
- Number of days for Fedora: 1 day
- Number of hours per day: 4 hours
- Number of people expected: about 30
- Number of medias/CDs requested: 50
Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Pecos Campus 2626 East Pecos Road Chandler, AZ 85225-2499
The date of the event is still to be determined but will occur during the Spring of 2013.
- Fedora Install Fest
There is always an element of risk when installing an operating system. Chandler-Gilbert Community College, and the volunteers, jointly or severally, do NOT assume any liability whatsoever for data loss, damage to your system, or any other losses. You will be expected to sign a consent form at the Installfest authorizing the volunteer to install Linux on your computer(s) and releasing the aforementioned parties from liability before proceeding with the installation.
Pre Installfest checklist
- Backup your data and documents! You can image your entire system to an external hard disk with Clonezilla
- If you plan on Dual Booting between Windows and Fedora:
- Uninstall any unused programs from the control panel and delete any unwanted data/media.
- Ensure you have at least 15 Gigs of free disk space available for the Fedora installation.
- Scan Disk your drive to check for any filesystem errors
- Defragment Your Disk Drive in Windows in preparation of shrinking the Windows (NTFS) volume to make room for the Linux filesystem.
- If you are comfortable shrinking the Windows volume yourself, you can do so using the Disk Management tool in Windows, or using gparted in Linux. If not, don't worry we can do it for you during the Install Fest.
- Please bring your power cords, keyboards, and mice with your computer.