This page contains various Fedora presentations made by people in the Fedora project. You can see older presentations at Archived Presentations
The Community Architecture project has produced some standard slide sets.
- 1 General Overview
- 2 Globalization & Migration
- 3 Fedora Applications
- 4 Presentations
- 5 Infrastructure & SIGs
- 6 General Templates
- Introduction to Fedora, What's new in Fedora 11 and What's upcoming in Fedora 12 by Rahul Sundaram . This is a generic template suitable for reuse.
- Keynote from FUDCon Berlin 2009 by Paul W. Frields (also available as a PDF file)
- Fedora 11 presentation in French, focus on 4 user groups. Presented at HEIG-VD - Moixs 2009-04-152
(Note(1/2): the following tabulation shall be applied on all sections upon approval.)
|What is Fedora (also in PDF)||Paul W. Frields||English||A presentation to FOSSMeet NITC on 28-FEB-2009.||F10|
|Introduction to Fedora||David Nalley||English||Introduction to Fedora emphasis on 4Fs (12-SEP-2008)||F9|
|Fedora Overview||For familiarising people with Fedora and to let them know the possible avenues. Presentaed at TechTrix'08.||F8|
|All About Fedora (GITEX Edition)||John Babich||English||Presented at GITEX, Dubai, UAE, in 2007. Based on Greg's FUDCon Delhi presentation, updated for Fedora 7 and slightly extended. The emphasis: Why contribute -- not just to Fedora, but to open source in general? Focused on the open-minded, non-FOSS ICT audience.||F7|
|Welcome to the Fedora Project||Susmit Shannigrahi||A brief overview of Fedora and Fedora Project. Main emphasis on Why join Fedora and areas where one can get involved.|| FC6
(Note(2/2): original wiki text hereafter (in this section) is to be deleted after finalizing the above table.)
- Introduction to Fedora emphasis on 4Fs - David Nalley 2008-09-12
- What is Fedora - presentation by Paul W. Frields to FOSSMeet NITC on 2009-02-28. Also available in PDF format.
- Fedora Overview For familiarising people with Fedora and to let 'em know the possible avenues. Presentaed at TechTrix'08.
- Welcome to the Fedora Project, Susmit Shannigrahi. A brief overview of Fedora and Fedora Project. Main emphasis on Why join Fedora and areas where one can get involved.
- All About Fedora (GITEX Edition), John Babich . Presented at GITEX, Dubai, UAE, in 2007. Based on Greg's FUDCon Delhi presentation, updated for Fedora 7 and slightly extended. The emphasis: Why contribute -- not just to Fedora, but to open source in general? Focused on the open-minded, non-FOSS ICT audience.
Globalization & Migration
- Development in the areas of l10n, Ankit Patel . Presented at FUDCon Delhi 2006. To promote the developers to do development in the areas of l10n.
- L10n from a Developer's perspective, Ramakrishna Reddy . Presented at FUDCon Delhi 2006. Helping users to understand the localisation technologies and jargons floating around like IIMF, SCIM, Keymaps etc. Objective is to get the developers aware how easy to develop multi language applications in Linux using the localization technologies available out of the box.
- Fedora I18n project, Jens Petersen . Presented at the Fedora Miniconf at Linux.Conf.au 2008, Melbourne, Australia. An overview of recent i18n developments in Fedora during and after the F8 cycle.
- Unix to Fedora Linux in English, Frederic Hornain - (PDF)
- How does fedora work? - Building Processes and Tools to deploy and deliver fedora ( Fedora by Night )
- Mark McLoughlin & Stephen Tweedie: Update on Fedora and Paravirt-ops, video - Xen Summit 2008
- Fedora Live, Arindam Ghosh - Presented at AXIS'08, VNIT, Nagpur
- Open Source Security, Tiemann - Tokyo Security Expo 2006 -
- (feel free to contribute)
- Given by Paul Frields (UTOSC Presentation)
- Given February 21, 2009 by Clint Savage (remixed from a presentation by Paul Frields). Presentation versions: ODP version - PDF version
In my presentation, I use a repository synchronization script, it's very basic, but will build everything needed for the demo and make it easy to use to build a live or install image. synchronize_mirror.sh
Felton LUG 04-APR-2009
- This is a slight modification of the #SCaLE 7x version, with one slide shuffled and more notes included: ODP version - PDF version
FLISoL 2009 Chihuahua
- This is a modification of the #Felton LUG 20090404 version, with more slides added and translated into spanish:ODP version
FLiSoL 2009 Mexico, DF
- (feel free to contribute)
Infrastructure & SIGs
- Bodhi, Luke Macken - Virtual FUDCon 2007
- MirrorManager, Matt Domsch] - Virtual FUDCon 2007
- [http://glezos.fedorapeople.org/fudcon07/l10n.log.html L10n & Transifex, DimitrisGlezos - Virtual FUDCon 2007
- Transifex, DimitrisGlezos - GUADEC '07
- EdTechday.odp - Presentation titled OLPC - What if..? by Karlie Robinson regarding the Math4Team progress to date.
Following templates are contributed by Fedora Ambassadors.
- Fedora Presentation (odp) - By RodrigoPadula (Brazil)
- Template for Impress (otp) - By GeroldKassube (Germany)
- Fedora Zen, a simple and subtle presentation background - By PaulWFrields (USA)
- File:Fedora-template.otp (also linked here) by SamueleStorari
- French Template for Fedora 10 (otp) - by ArmelKermorvant (France)
- English Template for Fedora 10 (otp) - by ArmelKermorvant (France)
- Fedora Template - by MohdIzharFirdaus