What's new in Fedora 11?
Fedora 11 has a large number of new major features.
A feature list is provided at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList
- Presto (delta RPM updates reducing bandwidth usage over 80%
typically). Yum install yum-presto to enable it.
- Automatic font and mime installer via PackageKit
- Nouveau as the default driver for Nvidia cards (3D support is not
mature and disabled however),
- Simplified Anaconda text mode installation and minimal installation
- Automatic Bug Reporting tool,
- Native access to Microsoft Exchange using OpenChange,
- Firefox 3.1 and ThunderBird 3.0
- Openoffice.org 3.1
- Windows Cross Compiler (MinGW and a comprehensive set of cross
- Ext4 as the default filesystem
- Experimental support for the next generation Btrfs filesystem,
- Improved I18N with the switch to IBus input system by default,
- Much improved Kernel Mode Support with flicker free and fast bootup
- Many virtualization and security improvements,
- RPM 4.7, GNOME 2.26, KDE 4.2, Xfce 4.6, Linux Kernel 2.6.29, Python
2.6. GCC 4.4 and several other changes.
My sound doesn't work?
Run alsamixer -c0 in the command line and turn up the controls and check again
I can't login as root in GNOME. What can I do?
GNOME Display Manager does not allow root users to directly login for security reasons from Fedora 10 release. Refer
Where can I find answers on Ext4 ?
All you wanted to know about Ext4 and more at
I was using a pre-release (alpha/beta/snapshot/preview) of Fedora 11. How do I upgrade to the general release?
Questions on upgrading from a pre-release is answered at