The Fedora Activity Day (FAD) is a regional event (either one-day or a multi-day) that allows Fedora contributors to gather together in order to work on specific tasks related to the Fedora Project.
Originally, these meetings were used for local Fedora Ambassador groups to make their plans for the coming year, but the idea is being expanded to bring local contributors together in order to work on any projects related to Fedora, and (if so desired) to organize some sort of social event or to hold the event in an interesting location.
- Fedora Development Cycle FAD - June 8 - 10, 2009
- Docs FAD at Southeast LinuxFest - Clemson, SC - June 14, 2009
- FAD at NIT Agartala Open Source Software & Hardware and GNU/Linux fest - NIT Agartala, India - June 18-19, 2009
- FAD Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - May 31, 2009
- FAD Rheinfelden - Rheinfelden, Germany - May 30 - 31, 2009
- FAD @ Durgapur LUG - Durgapur, India - May 14 - 15, 2009
- FAD LinuxFest Northwest - Bellingham, WA - April 25 - 26, 2009
- FAD Transifex - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - March 27 - April 3, 2009
- FAD SCaLE - Los Angeles, CA - February 20, 2009
- FAD FOSDEM 2009 - Belgium, Brussels - February 6 - 8, 2009
- FADs India Q409 - January - February 2009
- FAD EMEA 2008 - Basel, Switzerland - November 14-16, 2008
- FAD NA 2008 - Columbus, OH - October 10-12, 2008
- FAD LinuxTag 2008 - Berlin, Germany - May 27, 2008
- FAD EMEA 2007 - Rheinfelden, Germany - November 24, 2007
- FAD LinuxTag 2007 - Berlin, Germany - May 29, 2007
- FAD EMEA 2006 - Lörrach, Germany - December 3, 2006
Organizing a FAD
For organizers, we have an information page with tips on how to plan a FAD.
For a list of information about potential locations, please see (and/or edit) this page.