Fedora Activity Day at Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE)
The 7th Annual Southern California Linux Expo will be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 20-22, 2009 at The Westin Los Angeles Airport.
FAD SCaLE Details
- Date: Friday, February 20, 2009
- Place: Kennedy Room, Westin Los Angeles Airport
- Time: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Note: A Fedora Birds of a Feather meeting will take place from 7-8 p.m. on Friday at the Midway Room -- either a continuation of work will or just a social hour will take place there
At the end of your participation in the FAD we are asking you to take the brief Post FAD survey for SCaLE 7x.
The items below will be going on from around 9am - 5pm. There will be breaks and such, but they are treated much like a sprint. We're here to get something accomplished so it may be longer, or shorter. Come on by and help us out for an hour or all day, we'd love to have you there!
Packaging of Fonts
There are approximately 50-75 fonts that are not packaged in Fedora. These fonts are generally easy to package and take about 30-60 minutes a piece. The expected amount of fonts to be packaged at the Font Packaging FAD will be around 10-15.
Some fonts we may be able to package
- Banana Peels fonts
- Rubbing fonts
- Goody Bookletter 1911 fonts - There's actually 4 or 5 fonts from the crufty fonts list.
- Letters Laughing fonts
- WoodardWorks Laconic fonts
- the Dustin Norlander fonts not packaged in Fedora yet (Sven Lankes' two Dustin packages should provide good examples)
- Ancient Scripts fonts
The Fedora User Guide is developed on the wiki, edited in place, and prepared for conversion to DocBook XML. We are going to work on starting and completing chapters for the User Guide. Our goal is to make a significant dent in the User Guide tasks and possibly some of the project tasks.
|9:00am||Breakfast and getting organized|
|9:30am||Introductions and getting started|
|10:00am||Introduction to working with a wiki|
|10:30am||User Guide write and edit|
|11:00am||User Guide write and edit; completed chapters conversion to XML|
|11:30am||User Guide write and edit; completed chapters converted to XML|
|1:30pm||Short intro to RPM Packaging|
|2:00pm||Build your first Font Package Tutorial|
|3:00pm||First Font Package Complete and Built|
|3:30pm||Submit Bugzilla Ticket for Package Review|
|4:00pm||Font Packaging / Docs Stuff|
|4:30pm||Font Packaging / Docs Stuff|
|5:00pm||Font Packaging / Docs Stuff|
|5:30pm||Font Packaging / Docs Stuff|
|6:00pm||FAD success dinner|
- Larry Cafiero - Docs and packaging (will need training on both)
- Clint Savage - Packaging Sprint. Likely Fonts.
- Karsten Wade - Docs, wants to package fonts.
- John Stanley - Packaging Fonts
- Tom "spot" Callaway' - Packaging
- Joseph Smidt - Learning Packaging
- [Add next attendee here]