Fedora Engineering Steering Committee
FESCo is the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee
FESCo handles the process of accepting new features, the acceptance of new packaging sponsors, Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and SIG Oversight, the packaging process, handling and enforcement of maintainer issues and other technical matters related to the distribution and its construction.
- Kevin Fenzi (nirik) (Chair)
- Bill Nottingham (notting)
- Adam Jackon (ajax)
- Christoph Whickert (cwickert)
- Peter Jones (pjones)
- Matthew Garrett (mjg59)
- Kyle McMartin (kyle)
- Steven M. Parrish (tuxbrewr)
- Matthias Clasen (mclasen)
FESCo meets each Tuesday at 19:30 UTC on the Freenode IRC Network (
irc.freenode.net) in #fedora-meeting.
FESCo meeting discussions will last for 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minute discussion one of the following actions may be taken:
- If there is a vote to continue, then discussion continues for an additional 15 minutes.
- If there is no vote to continue the discussion after the initial 15 minutes, ask those members who are discussing the issue to clearly write up their thoughts and position on a wiki page for consideration at the next meeting. Each view point can list their thoughts as a separate proposal, or work off-line with others, to come up with a single proposal acceptable to them all. The wiki page is used in the next meeting to guide discussions and voting.
All requests for consideration by the steering committee (including group sponsorship requests and maintainer-ship issues) should be submitted as a ticket:
You can find FESCO's meeting minutes at the fedora meetbot site as well as posted to the email@example.com list after each meeting.
FESCo has a private mailing list for sensitive matters. This list will have as subscribers only the current FESCo members and the Fedora Project Leader. This list should only be used in very rare situations with private information. The FESCo chair will make sure any discussion on this list that doesn't need to be private will be resent to a public forum (FESCo trac, devel list, etc).