Fedora Jam Audio Spin
Unleash your inner musician
Fedora jam is for audio enthusiasts and musicians who want to create, edit and produce audio and music. It comes with Jack, ALSA and Pulseaudio by default, and a suite of programs to tailor your studio. It also includes all of the biggest audio applications, including Ardour, Audacity, Qtractor, Musescore, Frescobaldi, all the latest LADSPA/LV2 plugins and many more.
You can download the spin from here
Customizing Your Jam
There are a number of things you might like to do to make the most of your session. These include:
- disable KDE Desktop Effects
- According to Martin Gräßlin's blog post (N.B., he is the lead developer of KWin), we should recommend users leave "desktop effects" enabled, but disable every effect individually.
- configure and enable rtirq (prioritize your realtime softirq audio threads). Instructions here.
- configure JACK
Help via Chat
Users and developers are available in the #fedora-audio irc channel on irc.freenode.net for real-time conversations. General help is available in irc channel on irc.freenode.net. For help using IRC, please visit the Fedora IRC how-to .
Help via Email
Users and developers are also available on the mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org .
General help with Fedora is available on the Fedora users' mailing list at email@example.com .
For guidance on how to interact on Fedora mailing lists, please review the Fedora Mailing List Guidelines.
The Jam spin is a project developed by the Audio Creation Special Interest Group (SIG). Joining the Audio SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora and having a love for music and sound. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG and communicate with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
If you have no idea how to contribute here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are always new and interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the audio-related reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: Testers can help out by trying out the nightlies development ISOs or testing new packages in the updates-testing repository and report bugs, bugs, bugs, request enhancements or features.
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with audio-related bugs.
- Documentation writers: We always welcome contributors to the Fedora Musicians Guide .
- Wiki: Maintain this wiki and keep it updated with end user information.
- Artists: To provide desktop themes / wallpapers for each upcoming release
The following packages have been included in the released Live ISO.
- jack-audio-connection-kit (jack2)
Recording and DAW's
Audio Plugins / Utilities
Writing & Publishing