The Fedora Finance SIG works across the Fedora Project to make sure that all contributors and groups have the financial resources that they need. We coordinate processes, budgeting, and strive to push financial authority and accountability as far to the edges as possible, while ensuring accurate and transparent accounting.
There is currently no formal membership for this SIG, nor will there be any elections as a result of this SIG. If you care about the processes by which Fedora's money is budgeted and distributed, or if you are elected to a position in Fedora where you should care, this SIG hopes to provide logistical value to you."
We currently don't have one. Our first meeting will discuss whether or not we need a new one, or if something like the Fedora Logistics list is the proper venue.
We are getting ready to hold our first meeting.
When and where?
- Introduction to the idea of the Fedora Finance SIG.
- Why do we need more budget-related planning and collaboration?
- What groups do we hope to serve?
- How do we do *new* and useful things with Fedora's budget, and get people, with the resources that they need, to the best locations for the Fedora Project?
- What are the goals of this SIG?
- How can we be as lightweight as possible, and not invent new processes or bureaucracy?
- How do we ensure success of folks who are already spending a lot of Fedora's money? FAmSCo, FUDCon organizers, etc.
- What does this group want to do that is new and different?
- What sorts of skillsets will this group need to function well, and where will we get/learn them?