(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:33, 24 May 2008
The Fedora Foundation
On August 2005, Red Hat provided an update about the Fedora Foundation at Linux'World in San Francisco. Here are several of the Foundation goals that were enumerated:
The Fedora Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Its goal is to serve the Fedora community in the following ways:
- By providing a non-profit entity to organize and manage volunteers.
- By ensuring that the work of these volunteers remains forever free.
- By providing a fundraising arm for the development and protection of Fedora and related open source projects.
- By providing an entity for copyright assignment, so that what is free is also defensible in a court of law.
- By funding patent filings for inventors in the open source community, so that dedicated individuals can help to build a protective patent shield around open source code.
The initial board of directors of the Fedora Foundation continues to develop its governance model in partnership with a community advisory board. More announcements are coming in the months ahead as key milestones are reached. For now, if you would like to contact the board, please e-mail directors at fedorafoundation.org
- Fedora Announce List April 4, 2006 - Fedora Foundation
- Red Hat Magazine Issue #12 October 2005 - Fedora Foundation Update
- Red Hat Press Release August 10, 2005 - Establishment of Fedora Foundation Off to a Good Start
- Red Hat Magazine Issue #10 August 2005 - Building the Fedora Foundation: Goals established
- Red Hat Magazine Issue #8 June 2005 - Coming soon: Fedora Foundation
- Fedora Announce List June 2005 - Fedora Foundation