FrOSCamp 2010 Zurich
Fedora Events: FrOSCamp 2010 - Zurich, Switzerland
FrOSCamp is a multilingual two-day event taking place sometime in early September (TBD) on the premises of the ETH Zurich in Switzerland that is completely free of charge. It's intended to be an exhibition, conference and hackfest featuring free and open source software as well as free content. While various people and projects will show, explain, demonstrate and develop further their works the event is free of any commercial offerings (save snacks and drinks). The event is open to any visitor but it's also strongly encouraged that projects take the chance and exchange ideas and experiences with other projects or hold the project's yearly meeting during the gathering.
While FrOSCamp is being organized for the first time they strive to quickly become the #1 event on those topics in Switzerland and southern Germany. Further they're looking forward to become the top event for the whole community in Europe by allowing the projects to realize their own ideas during FrOSCamp by providing all the space and infrastructure.
Of course this also implies that they'll have a fancy party with creative commons licensed beer and music in the evening of the first event day.
- Visit the FrOSCamp website for further information.
- Date: TBD (September 2010)
- Opening Times: 09:00-18:00
- Location: ETH Zurich (Campus Zentrum, Building TBD)
- Party: 19:00-TBD (Bar from 18:00) @ TBA
- IRC: #FrOSCamp on Freenode
- Mailing Lists: lists.froscamp.org
|1||Sandro Mathys||DE, EN||FrOSCamp organizator|
|2||Marcus Moeller||DE, EN||FrOSCamp organizator|
Fedora Activities Day
- 2010-01-18: FrOSCamp officially announced their event, call for papers will follow