Geographic Information System
GIS project is initiative to package GIS related technologies and make it the best distribution for Fedora and EPEL platforms.
- GDAL - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
- geoclue - a modular geoinformation service
- GEOS - Geometry Engine - Open Source
- GMT - Generic Mapping Tools
- gpsbabel - A tool to convert between various formats used by GPS devices
- gpsd - Service daemon for mediating access to a GPS
- gpsdrive - A GPS based navigation tool
- gpsman - a graphical manager of GPS data that makes possible the preparation, inspection and edition of GPS data in a friendly environment.
- GRASS - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
- libgeotiff - GeoTIFF format library
- MapServer - Development environment for building spatially-enabled internet applications
- OGDI - Open Geographic Datastore Interface
- PostGIS - PostGIS adds support for geographic objects in PostgreSQL
- PROJ.4 - Cartographic Projections Library
- QGIS - Quantum GIS (QGIS) is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System
- mapnik- Above all Mapnik is about making beautiful maps.
- tangoGPS - a lightweight and fast mapping application
Packages for review
- garmintools - Communication tools for Garmin devices, depends on libgarmin which is missing
- gpscorrelate - A GPS photo correlation / geotagging tool
- libproj4 - Cartographic projection library
- mapbender - Geospatial portal for OGC OWS architectures
Wishlist and interesting apps
- BeeGIS - opensource tool for Digital Field Mapping. Seems that they didn't try to build it for Linux (although its based upon JGrass/uDig/Eclipse).
- EPSG - OGP Surveying and Positioning Committee Geodetic Parameter Dataset
- GeoTools - The Open Source Java GIS Toolkit.
- HidroSIG - a GIS with special tools that will allow you to make estimations and analysis of hydrological, climatic and geomorphological variables.
- JGrass - open source GIS based on the GIS framework of uDig (that is why the intro looks so similar to that of uDig). JGrass tries to exploit in its engine the power of GRASS.
- MapGuide - web-based platform for developing and deployment web mapping applications and geospatial web services.
- Navit - Navit is a car navigation system with routing engine. (started with packaging FabianAffolter)
- OpenEV - software library and application for viewing and analysing raster and vector geospatial data.
- OSSIM - high performance software system for remote sensing, image processing , geographical information systems and photogrammetry.
- Thuban - Interactive Geographic Data Viewer.
- uDig - open source (LGPL) desktop application framework, built with Eclipse Rich Client (RCP) technology.
- Viking - GTK2-based GPS data editor and viewer