Following are specific guidelines for the students to follow, who are interested in submitting an application for the GSoC program through the Fedora Project. Please go through carefully and follow them. Incomplete applications will not be entertained after the deadline.
Following criterion should be fulfilled on or before the application deadline unless otherwise specifically noted.
- Create a FAS account
- Join with fedora-summer-coding mailing list
- Submit application on Google-Melange
Remember to write about the following in your application.
- Details on your previous FOSS contributions (if any).
- A detailed plan with your planned activities in May to September (eg: Exams in university, internships, vacations..etc)
Bare mind - You are required to add your project proposal to wiki, therefore proceed with the application process as quickly as possible.
We do not accept any document after Google student application deadline, all entries make after the deadline is ignored unless you have not informed to Org Admins! However if you have any difficulty to meet this requirement please let us know in advance (before the deadline).
- Why should I let program administrators know about my application?
We would like to keep the pages clean and structured therefore once you have created your application let us know the link. We go through your application and let you know if further action is required. If everything looks ok, will send you the link so that you can add your proposal as per the template in that link.
- What about details of my project?
You will be asked and given a link to update information about your project idea once you have completed the above mentioned process.
- What is the need of a detailed plan of my activities?
It is important to get an idea about your free time and arrange things at the early stage. Therefore this is really important and try to make it accurate as much as possible.