The mission of the Haskell Special Interest Group is to maintain, grow, and guide the packaging of Haskell projects in Fedora.
We have an IRC channel #fedora-haskell on Freenode.
Haskell Platform support
Haskell Platform in Fedora status:
- F14 supports haskell-platform-2010.2.0.0 (ghc-6.12.3)
- F13 supports haskell-platform-2010.1.0.0 (ghc-6.12.1)
- F12 supports haskell-platform-2009.2.0.2 (ghc-6.10.4)
- F11 supported haskell-platform-2009.2.0.1 (ghc-6.10.3)
- EPEL 6 Beta has ghc-6.12.3 and haskell-platform-2010.2.0.0
- EPEL 5 has ghc-6.10.4
- EPEL 4 has ghc-6.8.3
- update PackagingDrafts/Haskell to latest macros/packaging
- add requires/provides rpm scripts for package hashs
- F14 docsbeat
- new mailing-list discussion separate to bugzilla mails
- move cabal2spec package to haskell branch
- port cabal2arch features to cabal2spec
- cabal/yum integration (cabal-autopkg)
- autogeneration of packages for a "testing" repository of all-of-hackage. Pull from this (with a human eye) to make Fedora packages.
- Haskell_Spin submitted to Spins SIG
- Add %check sections for packages that have tests available
Please use the latest cabal2spec package from rawhide or koji when submitting packages.
The current Haskell Packaging Guidelines need updating to ghc-6.12. cabal2spec generates .spec files from cabal packages using up to date templates. After a package has been accepted please remember to include
haskell-sig in the package SCM admin request.
You can use cabal2spec-diff when reviewing packages to check differences from the templates.
Open Package reviews (CC fedora-haskell-list)
Closed Package reviews (CC fedora-haskell-list)
- yesod (dependency tree)
- webkit, poppler, gstreamer
Current packages in Fedora
See Haskell_package_interdependencies for package dependency information.
- JensPetersen (sponsor)
- Shakthi Kannan
- Ben Boeckel
- Lakshmi Narasimhan
- Michel Salim (sponsor)
- Aidan Delaney
- 2010-05-25: Fedora 13 ships with ghc-6.12.1 and shared ghc libraries
- 2010-01-10: fedora-haskell-list becomes haskell-devel list at fedoraproject
- 2009-09-29: haskell-platform added for f12
- 2009-04-15: revised Packaging Guidelines accepted
- 2008-09-17: initial Packaging Guidelines approved
- 2008-02-13: fedora-haskell-list started
- 2007-05-10: Fedora SIG formed
- 2005-02-21: firstname.lastname@example.org mailing-list starts
- 2004-08-03: original Fedora Haskell project starts