The mission of the Haskell Special Interest Group is to maintain, grow, and guide the packaging of Haskell projects in Fedora.
We have two mailing-lists:
We have anchannel on freenode.net .
Follow us on Twitter.
Haskell Platform support
- F20 has haskell-platform-2013.2.0.0 with ghc-7.6.3
- F19 has haskell-platform-2012.4.0.0 with ghc-7.4.2
- F18 has haskell-platform-2012.2.0.0 with ghc-7.4.1
- EPEL6 has haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0 and ghc-7.0.4
- EPEL5 has ghc-6.12.3
- help improve
- update GHC_Update_SOP when bootstrapping ghc-7.8
- submit Haskell_Spin to Spins SIG?
- package test packages (hspec, etc)
- repoquery wrapper for (reverse-)dependencies
- cabal-rpm: recursive support
- automate rebuilds in koji or mock-build (see rebuild scripts in haskell-sig.git)
- Add %check sections for packages that have tests available
- Better tool to check for dependency breakage for version updates: packdeps reverse and cblrepo exist
- Automatically updated package dependency graphs.
- Continuous build integration to automate build testing (see upstream stackage project)
- Koji supports maven now. It could have support for cabal as well.
New Package Process
- Please use cabal-rpm (which replaced cabal2spec) to generate packages for submitting a package review request.
- It should follow the current Haskell Packaging Guidelines.
- You can use cabal-rpm-diff when reviewing packages to check differences from the templates.
- Please include haskell-sig in the InitialCC field of Package_SCM_admin_requests.
- Remember to add new packages to Upstream_release_monitoring. (Note that packages in haskell-platform are intentionally not listed to avoid accidental breakage.)
Open haskell-devel package reviews can be split by Whiteboard into:
- New unassigned reviews (http://bit.ly/fedora-haskell-new-reviews)
- Ongoing assigned reviews
- NotReady stalled reviews
- Haskell-pkg-reviews dependency tree is no longer systematically used
- "ghc" or "haskell" reviews not CC haskell-sig
- Closed haskell-devel package reviews
Non-review bugs can be split into:
We use Upstream_Release_Monitoring to alert and track upstream package updates.
- All open URM bugs
- Other misc bugs
- Tracker for libraries with no revdeps
- ghc bugs not CC haskell-sig
See also the package review links in the Packaging section.
Current packages in Fedora
See package interdependencies for dependency graphs.
Info on singleton libraries.
Active SIG Members
Package owners or comaintainers:
- Aidan Delaney
- Gautam Akiwate
- Payas Awadhutkar
- 2013-12-17: Fedora 20 ships with ghc-7.6.3 and packages following the revised Packaging Guidelines
- 2013-07-02: Fedora 19 ships with ghc-7.4.2
- 2013-01-15: Fedora 18 ships with ghc-7.4.1
- 2012-05-29: Fedora 17 ships with Haskell Platform 2011.4.0.0
- 2012-02-14: new haskell mailing-list for discussion
- 2011-11-08: Fedora 16 ships with ghc-7.0.4 and all prof subpackages merged into devel
- 2011-06-01: Fedora 15 ships with ghc-7.0.2
- 2010-12-05: Fedora packages now listed on http://hackage.haskell.org
- 2010-11-02: Fedora 14 ships: all doc subpackages merged into devel
- 2010-05-25: Fedora 13 ships with ghc-6.12.1 and shared ghc libraries
- 2010-01-10: fedora-haskell-list becomes haskell-devel list at fedoraproject
- 2009-09-29: haskell-platform added for f12
- 2009-04-15: revised Packaging Guidelines accepted
- 2008-09-17: initial Packaging Guidelines approved
- 2008-02-13: fedora-haskell-list started
- 2007-05-10: Fedora SIG formed
- 2005-02-21: email@example.com mailing-list starts
- 2004-08-03: original Fedora Haskell project starts