Hawkey, a new Package Management API
hawkey is a library allowing clients to query and resolve dependnecies of RPM packages based on the current state of RPMDB and yum repositories.
While the functionality itself is available in yum, the new library should bring:
- easier bindings to other languages than Python (by being done in C)
- more concise API
- better performance (through utilizing libsolv)
At the same time Fedora will get DNF, a yum fork delegating query operations and depsolving to the new API. In Fedora 18 this only going to be a preview, not yet fully capable of replacing yum.
- Name: Aleš Kozumplík
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated: 2012-04-02
- Percentage of completion: 5%