History of Fedora release names
(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:32, 24 May 2008
Fedora release name history
Name n and n+1 must share an is-a (not a has-a) relationship, but n and n+2 must not share the same is-a relationship as n and n+1.
Fedora 9 (Sulphur)
- Sulphur is an element that causes an adverse reaction (tarnishing) when it contacts silver. In mythology, it is a element used to drive away werewolves.
Fedora 8 (Werewolf)
- Werewolf is the name of a movie about a dude who turns into a werewolf. A werewolf also has an adverse reaction (death) when it comes into contact with silver.
Fedora 7 (Moonshine)
- Moonshine is an independent record label, and also the name of a movie.
Fedora Core 6 (Zod)
- General Zod is a character in the DC Comics universe, as well as an independent record label.
Fedora Core 5 (Bordeaux)
- Bordeaux is a wine-producing region in France, as well as a comic book character.
Fedora Core 4 (Stentz)
- Andre Stentz is a French winery. As such, both Heidelberg and Stentz are distributors of alcoholic beverages.
Fedora Core 3 (Heidelberg)
- Heidelberg is a city in Germany, and also a brand/distributor of beer.
Fedora Core 2 (Tettnang)
- Tettnang is a city in Germany that is a producer of hops.
Fedora Core 1 (Yarrow)
- Yarrow is a plant with many uses. Prior to the use of hops in the flavoring of beer, yarrow was used for this purpose.