How to communicate using IRC
I want to know...
- What is IRC, and what channels are available?
- How do I install XChat?
- Can I use the Internet Messenger application for IRC?
- What is the difference between a "NickServ password" and a "Server password" in XChat?
- What are the basic IRC commands?
- How do I make my name appear as "username/fedora" in IRC?
- How do I join an IRC meeting?
- What is the proper protocol for Fedora IRC Meetings?
- How do I maximize the support I recieive on IRC?
- What it means when my Fedora Release is EOL?
- Can I upgrade to a Fedora final release from an Alpha, Beta, or other pre-release?
How to Behave in IRC
- Fedora Participants Guidelines - These guidelines apply to the conduct users who are seeking information/support or are looking to participate in Fedoras IRC channels.
- IRC helpers code of conduct - These guidelines apply to the conduct of the #fedora channel helpers.
- IRC operators code of conduct - These guidelines apply to the conduct of the #fedora channel operators.
- General IRC Etiquette - These are general guidelines for using the Fedora IRC Channels.
Fedora Support Channel Meeting Information
The IRC Support Special Interest Group holds meetings every week at 17:00UTC in #fedora-meeting. These meetings are open to any interested parties to help discuss and improve Fedora irc support.