How to contribute to Docs
New contributors who have signed the FAS contributors agreement and signed up for the docs mailing list, are met with a lot of "what next" questions. This page will walk through some typical issues so you can start contributing quickly.
Become a part of the greater team by
- writing a self-introduction on the mailing list with some ideas on how you would like to contribute
- create your own user wiki page
- attend the freenode.net InterRelay Chat channel #fedora-meeting meetings on Mondays.
- hang out on freenode.net InterRelay Chat channel #fedora-docs
- learning how to be a be a fedora contributor in general
- interact with other fedora contributors (how to use fasinfo, lookup others wiki user pages, asking for sponsorship)
Decide how you want to contribute to Fedora Docs:
- Become a wiki gardener
- Write a beat
- Own a guide
- Maintain content on docs.fedoraproject.org (aka docs.fp.o)
- Work on open bugs by following the bug fixing workflow .
- Check the quality of docs
- Package docs
- Document how Fedora Docs works - ie this wiki
- Proofread works owned by other Fedora contributors
- Take on a bounty
Understanding the workflow:
Fedora docs has a workflow page Tools for guide owners - publican, gaining git sponsorship, tips on guide writing How to get docs.fp.o sponsorship