Initial thoughts by Matt Domsch
- Use Reduced Redundancy Storage. All the content will be replicated easily.
- Use s3cmd sync to keep content in buckets in sync
- exclude ISOs
- Use bucket policies to limit access to each region
- bucket names s3-mirror.<region>.fedoraproject.org allow for CNAME s3-mirror.fedoraproject.org to s3.amazon.com in our DNS
- if we upload ISOs, we get .torrent links "for free".
- no tracker stats :-(
- Can't group multiple files together into a single torrent
- we're paying for outbound bandwidth
- bucket policies keeping traffic in a single region means we need separate buckets for torrent content
- none for all uploads
- none for intra-region requests
- 0.093/GB/month for data, 700GB = $75/month/region
- no way guess number of GET requests. $75 assumes 10M requests.