In developing applications for Fedora Infrastructure we have to worry about how the licenses we use in various bits of code we write interact with each other. This page is to help formulate a plan of action for hw we are going to license works we generate in Fedora Infrastructure to make optimal use of our work.
- Be able to share code among the various pieces we write.
- Not have our libraries force a specific license on the apps that we write.
- Not have conflicting licenses between our apps and our libraries
- Have a clear understanding of the steps we must take whenever we want to move code from an application under one license to a library under a different one.
- Protect the code we write from being taken proprietary (note, this is not the same for every author, MM for instance is under the Python License).