Insight use cases for events
The Fedora Events System is an event manager that'll integrate with Insight. It's a collection of drupal modules that'll help create an easy-to-use workflow to organize events.
Fedora Ambassadors should be able to create event, manage budget, manage event reports and related activities.
Features include in Insight Calendar project
For Fedora Events, any CLA-signed member of the Project will be able to enter upcoming Fedora Event details into the Calendar.
User will be able to filter on Region for events, as well as other happenings, such as release schedule and team meetings.
Key People to Consult
Here are some of the folks who have recently edited the Fedora Events wiki page, and who are attending FUDCon Blacksburg; they would be good to get feedback from regarding requirements for an Insight Calendar solution:
- Neville A. Cross, Fedora LATAM & Marketing teams
- Mark Terranova, Fedora Ambassador, California, USA
- Ben Williams, Fedora Ambassador, Virginia, USA
What it can do?
- It allows you to manage Sponsorships requests (by providing a link to the appropiate trac ticket)
- It allows you to manage Attendance (Manage how are coming, food preferences and shirt sizes)
- It allows you to manage Budget (Set a budget and see where it's all being used)
- It allows you to define schedule, the topic and the presentator. After the event is done, a link to the slides or the video can be added so others can easily find it.
- It allows you to get 'impressions' (Tweets / Dents) of a certain hashtag.
- It allows you to link to photo galleries of the events, so others can share the pictures
Questions to Ask
- are there any other data points that are important to keep track of for Events beyond what is recorded on the wiki now for these?
- from your perspective, how would you like to enter Event information into a calendar widget on Insight?
- who should be able to enter Event information into Insight?