Rakudo Perl 6
- Rilascio: Fedora 12
- Per informazioni aggiornate sullo stato di Rakudo Perl 6 consultare la pagina originale.
Perl 6 is a major revision to the Perl programming language, which introduces elements of many modern and historical languages. There are currently multiple implementation projects of Perl 6 underway, the most actively developed one is Rakudo, which is based on the Parrot virtual machine.
Benefit to Fedora
Providing Perl 6 support makes Fedora an attractive platform for developers. Rakudo will enable developers to write new applications or port existing ones. By offering Perl 6 at the current state Fedora once again proves it's foundations Features and First
- Test Plan
- Esperienza Utente
- Progetto corrente
- Note di rilascio
- Commenti e Discussioni
- Wikipedia: Perl 6 and Rakudo Perl
- Official Perl 6 Documentation
- Perl 6 on the Perl Foundation Homepage
- Rakudo Homepage
- Rakudo Documentation
- Installation of Rakudo in Fedora and Windows (by Gerd, German, sorry)
- Hacking Rakudo Perl by Patrick Michaud
- This release of Fedora comes with Rakudo Perl, an implementation of the Perl 6 specification based on the Parrot virtual machine, which enables developers to write new applications or port existing ones to Perl 6. To install rakudo, use the Add/Remove Software tool or run:
su -c 'yum install rakudo'