Systemtap Tracing Refresh
New and improved systemtap (1.0 release) with much better documentation, examples and tools. Updated to take advantage of new features integrated into Fedora 12, gcc debuginfo (variable tracking assignment) output, kernel 2.6.31 (tracepoints), Eclipse GUI. And providing a static user space marker implementation to be used by developers wanting to expose high level tracing events in their applications (already used for postgresql and java in Fedora 12, with more application integration scheduled for Fedora 13).
- Nome: Mark Wielaard
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 12
- Last updated: Sep 29 2009
- Percentage of completion: 100%
- New upstream 1.0 that has been tested against new kernel (2.6.31), gcc (with vta enabled) and elfutils (0.143) in rawhide. Has been pushed as systemtap-1.0-fc12 for Beta.
- Only smaller bugfixes might be added from now on (tracking kernel rebuild with gcc-vta enabled and rhbz#521991, and some issue with nfs probing when that happens sw#10678)
By packaging a new version of systemtap, that is tuned for updated gcc debuginfo (dwarf variable tracking assignments) output, kernel (2.6.31) tracepoints, better examples, tools and development extensions that enable programmers to embed static probe markers in their sources Fedora users will be able to have much better observability of their whole system.
Benefit to Fedora
It will be easier for developers and users to observe what is really happening on their system.
- Test Plan
- Esperienza Utente
- Progetto corrente
- Note di rilascio
- Commenti e Discussioni
consultare la pagina originale di questo documento.