JBossAS7 in Fedora marketing collateral
JBoss AS 7 in Fedora Marketing Flyer
This is the brainstorming area for text for a flyer focused on AS 7 in F17.
JBoss AS 7 in Fedora
Fedora 17 provides a robust Java application development environment and JBoss AS 7, one of the most popular Java application servers.
JBoss AS 7 is a fast, lightweight open source application server. Fedora 17 currently supports the web profile of AS 7 and plans to implement the full profile soon.
JBoss AS 7
- Blazing fast start up times, courtesy of a highly optimized boot process, concurrent class loading and concurrent service coordinator.
- Classloading done right. AS 7 provides an early preview of Java modularity for true application isolation. It hides server implementation classes from the application and only loads the classes your application needs. Modules, packaged as collections of classes, are peers that remain isolated unless explicitly defined as a dependency of another module.
- Lightweight and scalable due to aggressive menory management.
- User-focused, centralized administration. Manage a multi-server topology (domain mode) or an independent, development server (standalone mode) from a single control point.
- Test applications with ease. AS 7 is integrated with Arquillian. Arquillian, a component model for integration tests that execute inside the real runtime environment, enables you to write tests for just about any use case your application encounters.
New in Fedora 17
- Java 7 runtime (JRE) and development tools (JDK) as provided by OpenJDK 1.7.0, the open-source reference implementation of Java Platform
- JBoss Application Server makes its debut as a package in Fedora
- Effort underway to provide a compliant Java EE 6 Web Profile
- Includes additions to the Web Profile such as the Java Messaging Service (JMS) provided by HornetQ and REST web services provided by RESTEasy
- A systemd system service to control a standalone instance of JBoss AS
- A script (jboss-as-cp) to create a unique instance (i.e., server configuration) of JBoss AS in userspace
Get started with AS 7 in Fedora
In a terminal, install JBoss AS 7 using yum
sudo yum install jboss-as
Start the JBoss AS 7 service
sudo service jboss-as service
Learn more about Fedora
Get involved with the Fedora Java SIG