JBossAS7 in Fedora marketing collateral
JBoss AS 7 in Fedora Marketing Flyer
This is the brainstorming area for text for a flyer focused on AS 7 in F17.
Fedora and JBoss AS 7
Fedora 17 provides a robust Java application development environment and JBoss AS 7, one of the most popular Java application servers.
JBoss AS 7 is a fast, lightweight, open source application server.
- Composed with best of breed open source components, including Hibernate, Infinispan, JGroups, JBoss Modules and Weld.
- Blazing fast start up times, attributed to a highly optimized boot process, concurrent class loading and concurrent service coordinator.
- Classloading done right. An early preview of Java modularity for true application isolation. Hides server implementation classes from the application and only loads the classes your application needs.
- Lightweight and scalable as a result of an aggressive memory management policy.
- User-focused, centralized administration. Manage a multi-server topology (domain mode) or an independent, development server (standalone mode) from a single control point.
- Tested thoroughly with Arquillian, a component model for creating robust tests that execute inside the server runtime.
New in Fedora 17
- Java 7 runtime (JRE) and development tools (JDK) provided by OpenJDK 1.7.0, the open-source reference implementation of the Java Platform
- Apache Maven 3 (mvn), with optional resolution of system jar files (mvn-local), and an integration of Maven with rpmbuild (mvn-rpmbuild)
- JBoss Application Server makes its debut as an official package in Fedora (jboss-as)
- Effort underway to package the fully-compliant Java EE 6 Web Profile (JPA 2 provided by Hibernate expected soon) and compliant OSGi runtime
- Add-ons to the Web Profile such as the Java Messaging Service (JMS) provided by HornetQ
- A systemd system service (jboss-as) to control a standalone instance of JBoss AS
- A commandline interface (jboss-cli) to the JBoss AS management console
- A script (jboss-add-user) to create management and application users for JBoss AS
- A script (jboss-as-cp) to create a unique instance (i.e., server configuration) of JBoss AS in userspace
- JBoss AS container adapters and a JMX-based test protocol for the Arquillian testing platform
- Thermostat monitoring and instrumentation tool for the Hotspot JVM, with support for monitoring multiple JVMs on multiple hosts
Get started with AS 7 in Fedora
In a terminal, install JBoss AS 7 using yum
sudo yum install jboss-as
Start the JBoss AS 7 system service
sudo service jboss-as service
Connect to the JBoss AS 7 management console (system instance)
sudo jboss-cli -c
Stop the JBoss AS 7 system service
sudo service jboss-as stop
Create a user instance of JBoss AS 7
jboss-as-cp -l $HOME/jboss-as-instance
Start the JBoss AS 7 user instance
JBOSS_BASE_DIR=$HOME/jboss-as-instance /usr/share/jboss-as/bin/standalone.sh -c standalone-web.xml
Connect to the JBoss AS 7 management console (user instance)
Learn more about Fedora
Get involved with the Fedora Java SIG