JBoss packaging effort
m (JBoss moved to JBoss packaging effort: Original name was too generic and not descriptive. There is a need for an overarching packaging effort page that includes more than this student's work, but this is somewhere to start. Page originator may w)
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Latest revision as of 21:43, 30 January 2012
 JBoss Packaging Effort
 John Ford (John64)
I am working on packaging JBoss for Fedora. I am doing this as a project for a class at Seneca College in Toronto, Canada. I thought it would be more appropriate to put my work here than my school's wiki. If I am incorrect, please let me know before deleting as this is going to serve and my main repository for documentation.
If you are interested in helping out, please let me know. I am John64 on freenode/#fedora. Maybe if other people are interested we could start a SIG?
 To Do:
- Fully investigate dependent packages
- Make sure all dependencies are available for local maven repository
- Write Spec file
- Write upstart service
- Develop policy for JBoss Module Packaging
- Package the JBoss tools for Eclipse
- John, please report any problems via JBoss JIRA (or a Fedora bugzilla, if you prefer). I'm certainly interested in your work here. -- Nickboldt
- Request to add JBoss to EPEL is closely aligned with this goal. Not sure how far along the effort there is, though.
Packaging of JBoss Application Server 7.1 is really occuring here: JBossAS7