JBoss packaging effort
JBoss Packaging Effort
John Ford (John64)
I am working on packaging JBoss for Fedora. I am doing this as a project for a class at Seneca College in Toronto, Canada. I thought it would be more appropriate to put my work here than my school's wiki. If I am incorrect, please let me know before deleting as this is going to serve and my main repository for documentation.
If you are interested in helping out, please let me know. I am John64 on freenode/#fedora. Maybe if other people are interested we could start a SIG?
- Fully investigate dependent packages
- Make sure all dependencies are available for local maven repository
- Write Spec file
- Write upstart service
- Develop policy for JBoss Module Packaging
- Package the JBoss tools for Eclipse
- John, please report any problems via JBoss JIRA (or a Fedora bugzilla, if you prefer). I'm certainly interested in your work here. -- Nickboldt
- Request to add JBoss to EPEL is closely aligned with this goal. Not sure how far along the effort there is, though.
Packaging of JBoss Application Server 7.1 is really occuring here: JBossAS7