The Fonts SIG adheres to the same standards as the rest of the Fedora Project, which means there is a some amount of formal process. Don't let this put you off, however. You are more than welcome on the SIG list or in any of our other forums.
How you can help
The SIG scope is wide, we are chronically short-handed, and there is plenty of room for people with different inclinations and skills levels. Just choose the activity that fits you best.
Steps to join the Fonts SIG
| Subscribe to the main SIG list:
- the bugs list is optional,
- sending a self introduction message is appreciated, but lurking for a while is perfectly ok.
| Become familiar with the SIG:
- read the Fonts SIG section on the wiki,
- browse the SIG lists' archives.
| Sign up for a Fedora account and sign the CLA:
- you'll need it for wiki editing access, which is required for most SIG activities.
| And if you intend to do some packaging:
- apply to the cvsextras group by clicking the Apply! button there once you've completed the Fedora account sign-up step,
- obtain an account in Red Hat's Bugzilla:
- fedora bugs and packaging reviews are tracked there,
- please use the same address as in your Fedora account.
- follow the general new Fedora packager process. Don't be afraid of its length:
- you'll have already taken care of many steps,
- the fonts packaging section of the wiki will always summarize the most important font-related packaging information.
| Optionaly, you can also:
- join the ##fonts IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and discuss free/open fonts there:
- the SIG is composed of people living in many different parts of the world; someone may not always be available every hour of the day. The list is slower but safer.
- this channel is shared with other distributions, everyone won't be Fedora-oriented.
- follow the SIG activity on the bugs list:
- there are many ways to do so, since the list is read-only consulting an archive periodically is fine.
- add the Fonts SIG members category to your Fedora wiki homepage.
| Choose something to do, and announce it on the list:
Remember, you choose your form and level of commitment to the SIG, and the list is here to help. The more people will appreciate your activities, the more likely they'll be to support you.