THIS IS A DRAFT.
For the Fedora kernel team to enable a staging driver, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- There must be substantive code review and improvement upstream.
- This means actual fixes, and not just stylistic changes.
- There must be a contributor willing to be assigned bug reports and deal with upstream.
- The driver must not result in an undue burden on the kernel team.
- This means that if a large number of bug reports result from the driver, then fixes are not occurring upstream quickly enough.
- It must be understood that if any of these conditions are not met, or eventually fail to be met, the driver will be disabled.
Staging drivers accepted in Fedora:
- at76_usb (John Linville) - We'd been shipping it patched on for ages.
- lirc (Jarod Wilson) - As above, j-rod has done large amounts of clean up work.