L10N/Tx0.5 migration testing
Testing the new Fedora localization infrastructure - Transifex 0.5 RC1
- Login/Logout redirection does not include the /tx/ at the URL. FIXED!
- msgfmt -c check does not work on pt14.
- Not sure why it's happening yet. From the django shell it works ok.
- PARTIAL SOLUTION: To avoid this issue that checking was disabled on the pt14 server for now. - Reported by Diego
- Submission to the fedorahosted.org server does not work. FIXED!
- We have setup the ssh-agent for the apache user, but the httpd server does not seem to use the SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment var on the wsgi Transifex/Django instance. - Reported by Diego
- Overwritable one language to another.
- Submitting ja.po against po/el.po as target file is comitable. - Reported by noriko
- Clear Cash got Translation Statistics disappeared ompletely with it's section title.
- Not sure this is expected, but this might make translator upset a bit (Refresh Cache can got this back though). - Reported by noriko
- Missing packages
How can I help testing it?
Submission is NOT enabled to official projects; it will be once we deploy to a production (more secure) server on Monday. Some steps below are this test specific and may not be implemented into prod env.
- Go to Local testing repositories
- Click "Sign in" located top right of the page to log in with your FAS username and password (Note: not your email)
- If you encounter "Not found" error page, re-visit the page. You will now see "welcome username" on top right.
- Click the project component which you like to test.
- Download the POT file from the download mark of Source file, and save.
- Make a copy of your PO file from POT (e.g. cp test_repo.pot ja.po)
- Click "Add a new language translation" to expand the section.
- To submit a file, browse your file for "Local file" field and type "po/ja.po" for "Target file" field, and then click "Send" button.
Actions to test
Report in fedora-trans-list if any error is captured!
- Add new files
- Submit broken files (Stats should fail and warning it)
- Submit a file in a place not allowed. (Target file do not matching with the Component Filefilter)
- Watch the new stats for the file after submit it (Do not need to refresh it)
- Refresh any Component stats around all projects registered
- Lock/unlock translation files for any Component around all projects registered
- Identify Components registered as normal POT-based, but that they are intltool based. (The migration script could not know/handle it)
- What else...? :)