Let's have a Fedora BoF presence at USENIX's LISA which increases sysadmin market share and brand awareness.
The LISA conference is the largest and the longest running system administrators conference run by the USENIX association. In order to increase attendee dialogue, Birds-of-a-Feather meetings are encouraged. Fedora has had successful BoF at this conference for at least 3 years but this is the first time we are increasing the level of organisation.
- Attendees are 95% system administrators and 5% vendors who make system administrators.
- Products used are typically *nix and the system administrators tend to prefer Free Software.
- Most conference attendees are present Wednesday morning - Friday morning.
Facts on scheduling
- BoF space is available Sunday - Thursday nights 7pm - 11pm at LISA.
- Most time slots are taken: Still available Tuesday at 9pm, Wednesday at 10pm or Thursday at 8:30pm
- Thursday tends to be a "vendor bof" night. Free swag and munchies are highly expected.
- For optimal attendance, the BoF should be held either Wednesday or Thursday night.
- Not all rooms have a/v support
- Tentative time is Thursday at 9:30 PM - we are holding this time slot as of Sunday afternoon.
Who can attend and when
- User:bethlynn can attend any evening
- User:bcotton can attend any evening except Wed at 7pm
- David Nalley can attend Tuesday-Friday
- User:quaid can only attend Tuesday
- Larry Cafiero can attend Tuesday or Wed
Larry has ballons, t-shirts, and pens.
It is too soon after F14 release to obtain professional pressed media. Instead we will procure a usb sticks for on the site installation.
The event box contains a banner and some XO's.
While that would be visually interesting, it is not necessary. It is not worth the shipping to send it at this point.
TBD - minute by minute activity and owner needs to be assigned
- How to become a Fedora contributor
- F14 talking points
- SELinux (David Nalley's talk)
- on site F14 installfest
Who will be responsible for making the room welcoming?
- Recruit contributors
- Lug referrals for new to Linux users
- Did we meet people who are doing awesome things with Fedora? Great stuff for marketing...
No conference registration is required for BoF participants or guests. Therefore, we can inform Bay-Area LUGs that this is happening.