The following metadata was found in MoinMoin that could not be converted to a useful value in MediaWiki:
- acl: TomCallaway:read,write,delete,revert EditGroup:read Known:read All:read
Condensed GPL Compatibility Matrix
I found the GPL compatibility matrix hard to assimilate because of its width, largely the fault of the use of "only", "or later", and "OK if you convert to" text. I prepared a condensed version that uses the licenses' short names and states the resulting license in each cell without explanatory text. I also removed the footnotes since they add no essential information. Here it is:
|Source||Mode of use||GPLv2||GPLv2+||GPLv3+||LGPLv2||LGPLv2+||LGPLv3+|
|GPLv2||copy or link||(GPLv2)||GPLv2||NO||GPLv2||GPLv2||NO|
|GPLv2+||copy or link||(GPLv2)||(GPLv2+)||(GPLv3+)||GPLv2+||GPLv2+||GPLv3+|
|GPLv3+||copy or link||NO||GPLv3+||(GPLv3+)||GPLv3+||GPLv3+||GPLv3+|
- I'm conflating Lesser GPL 2.1 and Library GPL 2.0 as in the Good Licenses list.
- I realized the FSF's original table does not have "or later" in the row labels. I have asked FSF for clarification.
- According to the original footnotes, LGPLv2 converts to GPLv2+ and LGPLv3 converts to GPLv3, in addition to the obvious conversion of a superset of versions to a subset. I assume the idea is that later LGPL versions will continue to convert to the corresponding GPL versions so that LGPLv3+ converts to GPLv3+; I have asked FSF to confirm this.
- I am considering adding rows and columns for GPLv3 and LGPLv3 because a few Fedora packages use those licenses.
Once the issues are resolved, I would like to propose this table for adoption on the licensing page.
Mattmccutchen 02:43, 29 October 2009 (UTC); updated 19:47, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
+1 for this condensed table. It's very nice looking. :)
--Dafrito 17:49, 26 June 2010 (UTC)