This page provides all the information that people need regarding Fedora's presence at LinuxTag in 2011.
LinuxTag is a free software expo and conference with an emphasis on Linux. It is relatively large, in 2008 over 11.000 visitors from around 30 nations, claiming that it is the largest expo of this kind in Europe. The LinuxTag byline is as always "where .COM meets .ORG". This includes both representatives from not-for-profit/community projects and from companies.
When and Where
- May, 11. till May, 14. 2011
LinuxTag 2011 is located at Messe am Funkturm, Berlin, Germany.
We have put together a Survival Kit for attendees.
Please add yourself to the list below if you want to attend and if you are really sure that you want to work at the booth.
(in order of addition)
|#||Name||I want to work at the booth||I need a hotel||I need funding||Funding Request #||Comments|
|9||Truong Anh Tuan||#149|
|10||David Deutschmann||for 2 max 3 days||#151|
|11||Dominic Hopf||Will not attend. Vacations not approved.|
|x||Your name||=yes, =no|
As with previous years, there will be a block of hotel rooms available for Ambassadors who are working to make the event successful.
The Call for Papers is already closed. If a Fedora-Ambassador or Fedora-Fan gives a talk, please add it here.
- Buddhika Kurera - "Community Based Free and Open Source Business Model" - Looking for a Fedora Ambassador to deliver the talk as it is not possible to travel to the conference location.
- Christoph Wickert - "Fedora - The Feature Factory
- LVM and device-mapper development team - Storage meeting, Friday 13.05.2011, 10:00 - 18:00 (Workshop in WS4).
The organization and booth setup staff is being organized here.
Items wanted for the booth:
- Posters and Fedora textile banners.
- Live CDs
- Shirts and other swag.
- Live USB station.
- XO, EeePC, or other special hardware.