Getting Marketing Collateral Produced
Here is a list of vendors we have worked with in the past. If you find a new vendor and would like to make a recommendation (or warning), please list their information below.
- RCSilk, Boston MA (http://rcsilk.com): RECOMMEND very competitive pricing, high-quality silkscreen shirts. Has not had any problems working with Inkscape=>Scribus-produced artwork submitted in PDF format. Has mixed Fedora logo Pantone colors and did a good job. With both orders below we picked the T-shirts up on-site at RCSilk.
- Maverick Label, Seattle WA (http://www.mavericklabel.com): RECOMMEND great prices, were able to produce the die-cut sticker sheets exactly how we wanted. Charged $20 for a physical proof, however the physical proof is not die-cut stickers, but a sized-down version of what they'll print on a sheet of cardboard. It's probably not worth getting a physical proof next time.
- FUDcon Boston Jan 2009: Fedora Bubble stickers: Shipped stickers in about 5-6 boxes, about 1000 stickers in each box except for one much smaller box. $1516.00 with shipping. ( see invoice details)
- UNEEDUS, Kolkata, India:RECOMMENDED No webpage. Address: 21, Bentinck Street, Kolkata, Kolkata - 700001, Ph: +919903478055. Cheapest and good quality. Does
- DVD label printing: 16INR (32 cents) for 1 page(6 labels) die cut.
- Poster: 12x18 full CMYK color print, 18INR (36cents) each page.
- stickers: 1 A4 page (for example ~150 small powered by fedora stickers), 16 INR (32 cents) each page.
- Normal print - 8INR/sq ft.
- Close View - 25INR/sq ft.
- Pure Buttons, Brunswick OH (http://www.purebuttons.com/): RECOMMEND great prices, very clear pricing policies, accepted our artwork with no issues.
Marketing Collateral Designs
This design was prepared using the 1.5" button template made available from | purebuttons.com. Máirín Duffy has had a good experience with this Ohio-based company. If you are looking to get buttons produced quickly and cheaply they are a good bet. They should be able to accept either PDF or TIF (provided below).
If you are asked for spot colors by the printer, you can tell them the lighter blue is Pantone 2935, and the darker blue is Pantone 541. Alternatively, the CMYK values for each are 100/46/0/0 for the light blue and 100/57/0/38 for the dark blue.
A "4-f" version of the "plain" button, available only as SVG source, as my Scribus do not like me or the above template.
"4-Fs" vertical version of the button, available as File:Fedora four fs.svg
"4-Fs" shifted version of the button, available as File:Fedora four fs.svg
Fedora CD/DVD Label
Nicu Buculei has put together a nice set of artwork for Fedora CDs available at his website .
A page to host various graphics for CD/DVD was created: CD Art section
GiacomoSucci create some stickers idea for Fedora.
All the critics/comments are appreciate! Click on the images for a bigger version.
|File:Artwork MarketingCollateral FedoraStickers Generic 1.svg SVG source||File:Artwork MarketingCollateral FedoraStickers Generic 2.svg SVG Source||File:Artwork MarketingCollateral FedoraStickers F8 1.svg SVG source|
Fedora stickers by NicuBuculei:
Sticker Kit by Nicu Buculei
Either print the small version on an A6 adhesive paper or print four of them on an A4 sheet, cut in quarters and give to users to cut themselves the individual pieces:
|File:Artwork MarketingCollateral fedora kit a4.svg |
Sticker Speech Bubbles Kit by Máirín Duffy
Here are the Fedora Speech Bubbles by Máirín Duffy:
|File:Artwork MarketingCollateral speech-bubbles.svg
Various web graphics
Userbars (350x19) for web forums signature
By NicuBuculei (with an F8 "Infinity" look & feel):
General Purpose Re-usable Fedora Poster Designs
Art Team Posters
Here is a poster for the fedora art team. By RyanLerch
Fisl Brasil Posters
Here are the posters used during the 9th FISL in Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil on 04/17/2008, and the text says: "The free community in Brazil". By JaymeAyres
Fedora Slide Templare
I create a template for the Fedora "institutional" Slide. by SamueleStorari Download here: File:Fedora-template.otp