Meeting:APAC Ambassadors 2012-04-07
- 2012-04-07 04:00 UTC Click here to convert to local time
- #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net
- Meetings go for just over one hour, but sometimes go longer.
- Luke Martinez, asmartgoat
- Heherson Pagcaliwagan, azneita
- Engels Antonio, born2linux
- Ankur Sinha, FranciscoD
- Haowei Lee, Haowei
- Harish Pillay, harishpillay
- Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail, KageSenshi
- Caius Chance, Kaio
- Moniruzzaman Monir, kalpurush
- Magie Antonio, magie
- Mahay Alam Khan, maktrix
- Sureshkumar Packiyarajah, Suresht
- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna, udinnet
- Abhishek Singh, aks
- Shakthi Kannan, mbuf
- as well as other great ambassadors!!! :)
- Please follow IRC Meeting Protocol and guidelines
- Try using the MeetBot commands and more MeetBot commands
Your name, where you are located, etc.
- For example ".fas dramsey My name is dramsey, from Japan and I use Fedora 16 from a DVD and Fedora 17 from an .ISO. I like System Administration Topics as well as Kernels."
Review *ACTION* items from the last meeting
- bckurera add more ideas into things need to be discussed f2f at FUDCon KL
- FranciscoD "Update meeting agenda to focus on what needs to be discussed" should be added to the section on improving APAC meetings
- FranciscoD Add "Trac tickets to be discussed to be tagged 'meeting'" to improve APAC meetings
- FranciscoD design a survey to get feedback from APAC ambassadors
- FranciscoD add "India trac to be shut down etc" to list of f2f discussion ideas
- bckurera , ask mbuf to request the funding at apac trac
- FranciscoD email India list requesting them to open all funding requests at the apac trac since they need to be discussed and approved at -apac meetings
- dramsey manage people to add more F17 release party wikis
- bckurera to work on video to elaborate the importance of apac-trac
- tuanta move the wiki page to be more relative with FUDCon KL: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:KualaLumpur_2012/BoF_discussion and tag it to category "Ambassadors APAC"
Things need to be discussed face to face in FUDCon KL
- Wiki page
- Will be organized in BoF style in the same time as APAC regular meeting (4:00 UTC on Saturday).
- We need to show our strongest APAC Team support to help promote the FUDCon APAC 2012.
- Think media and swag for the FUDCon KL. Harish notes bringing F16 from Singapore to support. Other options? Local production?
- FYI on TMGuidelinesDraft - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pchestek/TMGuidelinesDraft dramsey, 03/28/2012
APAC Events and Status of F17 Release Parties (dramsey)
- Report of past Events & current Status of upcoming events
- Everyone please update this wiki with your Fedora 17 Release Events! dramsey on 03/05/2012
- Fedora 17 Ambassadors Team Tasks
- Review and plan your Fedora 17 needs, for example media, swag and anything else.
- FAmSCo and Regional teams call for Preparation of Media/SWAG by Thu 2012-03-08
- Hold Release Events and Publish Event Reports from Tue 2012-05-08 until Fri 2012-06-08 dramsey on 04/01/2012
- Locally created media / swag as an option? ==> strongly suggests inquiry on funding your initiatives FAmSCo Trac Local production?
- Use that Fedora "This is free media" form during sending of media between countries to avoid the tax problem.
- What would be useful for you? Item and quantity!!!
Harish says, "I have some F16 LiveCDs left. Do mention that during the meeting."
Review APAC trac tickets
- Ticket #21 : Fund Request for Fedora 17 Release Party in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Ticket #22 : Leftover swag from FUDCon India
- Any Ideas that you have in your mind?
- Swag for Fedora 17, get your ideas for this. dramsey, 2012-03-22
- Support FUDCon KL!!!
- Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-03-24/apac.2012-03-24-04.01.html
- Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-03-24/apac.2012-03-24-04.01.txt
- Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-03-24/apac.2012-03-24-04.01.log.html
- Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-03-24/apac.2012-03-24-04.01.log.txt
- See Next Meeting for the next meeting date and time.